Hi folks, I'm off work today and won't be blogging. If you're interested, a list of my goings-on for yesterday and today are included below. Really, I do have a life outside of blogging. I DO!
1. Listening to Robert Rich's Bestiary while I do housework. The album's music is described by its creator as "rhythmic, energetic, bizarre and very glurpy." Click here to download a snippet of the title track. The perfect background track for disposing of ancient kitty litter and organizing books.
2. Sitting on the couch with my boyfriend and watching the Eagles lose. Enduring triumphant phone calls from all four parents of mine, who reside in SC and were rooting for the Panthers. The opening sentences of this article from the Philly Daily News say it all.
3. Drinking lots of coffee with Kahlua and eating omelets made with eggs from my friend M's chickens. Mmm, fresh eggs.
4. Working on two cross-stitch projects - one dragon, and one Buddha.
5. Talking with four friends on the phone, two of whom have the flu. Something reeeealy nasty is going around this winter. Thankfully my company offered free flu shots, and that seems to be protecting me so far.
6. Re-reading Bitter Fame: A Life of Sylvia Plath. Finishing up Norse Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Heroes, Rituals, and Beliefs.
7. Watching some of the second season Simpsons DVD that I borrowed from a friend.
8. Braving the cold and poor driving conditions to go have some beers with a friend of mine who lives in Center City. Neither rain nor sleet, nor snow nor gloom of night can stay my from the completion of my appointed beer-drinking duty.
Oh, and I had my hair dyed platinum as a means of avoiding the January blahs. But that was Saturday.
Hope you're all warm and well; see you tomorrow!
Enjoy the Fox Trot for today: